Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Au Naturel?? YES !

SO. I made the decision to no longer relax my hair about a month ago. It had already been 8 weeks since I'd last relaxed, and it was almost time for another.. But, I was totally inspired to throw my relaxer in the trash when I reunited with my big sis(yes, my blood sis! check out her blog =) ->> http://blaquebettyboop.blogspot.com)and saw how gorgeous her natural hair was! I mean, it was full, healthy, just plain beautiful so I mad the choice to finally see what my natural hair is like.

I've been getting relaxers since a very young age. I started out with the kiddie kits..I really don't remember what my hair was like before it, and felt like I couldn't survive without a relaxer. I've blogged in the past about my love, hate relationship with my hair. But, now it's all love and I'm ready to dive in head first on this journey!

Today, I am officially 3 MONTHS POST RELAXER!! =D My last relaxer was 07/06/10! I'm excited, and even more PROUD of myself. I was one of those girls who relaxed her hair as soon as my new growth felt the least bit unmanageable! I KNOW, it wasn't healthy for my hair, but I didn't care because I didn't know what to do with it without it being relaxed. BUT NOW!! I realize there are so many possibilities and hairstyles to try, and taking care of my hair has become my new hobby. It's SO much fun to me now that I've embraced what I felt like was so much trouble in the past. And now, I'm SO anxious to see what my natural hair is going to be like, and I can't wait to be free of my relaxed ends!

I'd be more than willing to take you guys with me through the ups and downs of my transition. Maybe share hairstyles that I come up with, and I've already began sharing my hair care products. If you're going natural also, or even if you're not and you're interested, let me know. I'll MAKE more time to post these things. =)

XXOX ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment